HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: REGISTERED NURSE
Surgical Unit – Primary Site Stratford
REPORTS TO: Program Director, Surgery
DATE REQUIRED: February, 2013
SALARY: $29.36 to $42.44 per hour
Current registered member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Recent clinical experience (minimum 2 years) in the areas of: Pre/Post-Operative Acute
Care Surgery (including general surgery, plastics, vascular, orthopaedic, gynaecology,
urological and EENT).
Recent/related courses, in-services in Surgical Nursing.
Specialized Nursing Skills in the following areas:
- Venipuncture - Initiation of Intravenous Therapy
- Central Venous/PIC Lines - care and maintenance, blood letting and discontinuation
- Administration of Medications Below the Drip Chamber
- Glucose Monitoring
- Post-Operative PCA Pump
- Fluid and Electrolytes and Blood work
- Physical Assessment Course with good assessment skills
- TPN Management
- Enteral Feeding
- Chest Tube Management
- Wound packings and vacuum
Demonstrated ability in patient education.
Ability to plan, organize and problem solve.
Excellent communication skills.
Clinical documentation using the Meditech Information System.
Please submit a complete resume to:
Human Resources, Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance
46 General Hospital Drive, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 2Y6
CONFIDENTIAL FAX: (519) 271-1177
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (Meditech e-mails not accepted.)
Posting Date: January 23, 2013 POSTING #8766 (ONA)
Expiry Date: January 30, 2013