HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: REGISTERED NURSE
– Inpatient Mental Health
– Primarily Stratford Site
REPORTS TO: Manager, Inpatient Mental Health, Social Work, Psychology and Pastoral Care
DATE REQUIRED: February 2013
SALARY: $29.36 to $42.44 per hour
Current registered member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Certification in Mental Health Nursing or willing to obtain.
Core competencies to include training in:
- Prevention and management of aggressive behaviour.
- De-escalation techniques
- Current knowledge of psychotropic medication. An awareness of medication side effects and appropriate nursing intervention. Knowledge of rapid tranquilization techniques for all age groups.
- Completion of mental health rating scales.
- Able to assist in Electroconvulsive Treatment.
- Able to lead in the development and facilitation of group therapy programming specific to mental health clients.
- Recognized skill in specific treatment modalities including Psychosocial rehabilitation, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Dialectical Therapy, Crisis Intervention Strategies.
- Completion of Mental Health Assessment tools and the ability to interpret results.
- Application of mechanical restraints.
- Ability to provide and direct care to the psychogeriatric client, the client with substance abuse concerns, clients being cared for during withdrawal management processes and children/youth with serious mental health concerns.
Reply with complete resume to:
Human Resources, Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance
46 General Hospital Drive, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 2Y6
CONFIDENTIAL FAX: (519) 271-1177
E-MAIL: email@example.com (Meditech emails not accepted.)
POSTING DATE: January 30, 2013 Posting # 8771 (ONA)
EXPIRY DATE: February 6, 2013