HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
NOTICE OF VACANCY
POSITION: PROJECT ASSISTANT CORPORATE PLANNING
Temporary Full-Time Position (until approximately March 31, 2014)
POSITION SUMMARY: As a member of the Corporate Planning team, the Project Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting Project Managers with initiatives as deemed appropriate by the Corporate Lead Corporate Planning utilizing project management methodology. Projects will focus on:
• Implementing Patient Flow pilot successes supporting earlier discharge processes
• Clinical expertise for EMPOWER project planning and participate in education of front-line staff
• Facilitate kaizen process improvement initiatives
• Coaching & mentoring of HPHA huddles & huddle boards
• Other projects as assigned
This position will provide the successful candidate with a unique professional growth opportunity in project management. The candidate will be required to work flexible hours to meet departmental needs.
REPORTS TO: Corporate Lead, Corporate Planning
DATE REQUIRED: October, 2013
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited College or University in a related field or project assistant experience.
- Project Management experience or demonstrable experience participating in a team-based environment or project.
- Clinical background required.
- I.T. background an asset.
- Must be well-versed in HPHA Operations and must be knowledgeable of best practices in the areas of project management and process optimization.
- Has a demonstrated interest in and passion for improving Patient Flow across the Alliance.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, resourceful, a problem-solver and creative.
- An excellent communicator, analytical and has strong time management skills.
- Able to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2007 program, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Familiar with Meditech Hospital Information System.
Reply with complete resume to:
Human Resources, Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance
46 General Hospital Drive, Stratford, Ontario, N5A 2Y6
CONFIDENTIAL FAX: 519-271-1177
E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (Meditech e-mails not accepted)
POSTING DATE: September 5, 2013 POSTING #8975 (Non-Union)
EXPIRY DATE: September 12, 2013