An ultrasound uses high frequency sound waves to study structure and anatomy of organs, monitor pregnancies and identify blood clots in deep veins.
Ultrasounds are safe, radiation-free and non-invasive.
Ultrasounds are performed at the following HPHA hospital sites:
- Clinton Public Hospital - Basement Level
- St Marys Memorial Hospital - Main Level, South Wing
- Seaforth Community Hospital - Main Level
- Stratford General Hospital - East Building, Level 1
HPHA offers a wide variety of ultra sound exams ranging from abdominal ultrasounds to ultrasound directed biopsies.
Why Choose to have an ultrasound at HPHA?
- All HPHA hospitals use the exact same ultrasound equipment so that you can be confident of the same diagnosis no matter where you attend your appointment.
- Our Philips iU22 ultrasound systems generate superior quality images to support a more confident diagnosis.
- Our highly skilled sonographers (ultrasound technologists) are required to go through a government accredited education program, pass American and Canadian registry exams, maintain certification with Sonography Canada and/or ARDMS, enroll in ongoing Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits, and participate in intra hospital education rounds.
- HPHA ultrasound staff, radiologists and administration are committed to providing the highest level of ultrasound care. Our modern facilities, professional setting, and patient-centered philosophy will ensure you have a positive experience at every turn; from registration to final report.
- We are proud to be industry leaders in transvaginal (internal) probe ultrasound High Level Disinfection. We use state of the art Accreditation Canada approved Trophon aerosolized hydrogen peroxide disinfection units. You can rest assured that any probes that come in contact with you are cleaned according to the latest most stringent government standards.
Parking Information for Evening Appointments at Stratford General Hospital (5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.)
- Use Parking Lot G (Emergency Parking) off Cambria St.
- Enter the building through the Emergency Entrance and follow the signage
- Registration is located adjacent to the June Blanch Lobby
Click here to view Parking Map