The Huron-Perth Changing CARE project is focused on addressing the needs of family caregivers through defining and recognizing their role and co-designing systems to provide care and communication that meet their needs.
Patient & Family Caregivers will have:
- More clarity and increased understanding of their role, and how it differs from their role as a wife, husband, daughter, sister, friend, etc.
- Increased respect and understanding of their role by health care providers.
- Increased knowledge of how to provide safe and effective care for the patient and confidence in their ability to do so.
- Easy access to information about available services, and the ability to manage these services from a distance.
- Better connections between family caregivers and their teams.
- Increased recognition of their own needs to maintain their health and quality of life, knowledge of the supports available to them, and easy access to these resources.