The Change Foundation is Ontario's independent health policy think tank, committed to changing the debate, practice and experience in health care, with the intent of prompting system wide improvements for patients and caregivers.
They influence the system through research, policy analysis, care delivery, re-design and public engagement.
The Change Foundation's aim is to:
- Make patients, family caregivers, and health providers equal partners to improve care and experience in Ontario's health care system.
- Conduct robust and independent research and policy analysis of health issues related to improving care/experience of patients and caregivers.
- Lead informed discussion and strategic engagement with the stewards, stakeholders and users of the health care system.
The Changing Care Initiative is designed to improve the experience of family caregivers across Ontario through developing local supports, programs and resources that address four thematic needs identified by caregivers and health providers:
- Under the initiative, four health care partnerships are being supported in London, Huron-Perth, Cornwall and Toronto.
- These partnerships have been developed with caregivers in key decision-making and design roles.
- New supports, programs or resources emerging from each Changing CARE partnership will be designed with the intent of scaling provincially.