What's For Dinner? Lemon Shrimp with Spinach Quinoa!
- 1 pound fresh or frozen large shrimp in shells
- 1 recipe Spinach Quinoa (see below)
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth plus 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
Lemon wedges (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Prepare Spinach Quinoa. Meanwhile, peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp in a large bowl. Sprinkle with flour; toss to coat. Set aside.
- For sauce, in a small bowl stir together wine, lemon juice, and pepper.
- In a large skillet heat butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add onion; cook about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp start to turn opaque. Carefully add sauce to skillet; bring to boiling. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque and sauce is thickened.
To serve, spoon shrimp mixture over Spinach Quinoa. If desired, serve with lemon wedges.
- 1/2 cup rinsed and drained red quinoa or regular quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packaged fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
In a small saucepan, combine quinoa, water, garlic, and salt. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in baby spinach and finely shredded lemon peel.
Source: Better Homes & Gardens
Are you or someone you love living with Diabetes? Find out about the services we offer by clicking here!