What's For Dinner? Mediterranean Chicken Breasts with Spiralized Vegetables
Chicken, Feta cheese, tomatoes, olives, oregano and lemon – this low-carb chicken dish is quick and SO good! Inspired by the flavors of the Mediterranean. You can easily make this dairy-free by omitting the cheese.
- 16 oz (4) thin sliced boneless chicken cutlets
- 3/4 tsp of seasoned salt such as McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning (25% Less Sodium)
- 1 small (6 oz) zucchini, ends trimmed off
- 1 small (6 oz) yellow squash, ends trimmed off
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup of pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup of crumbled Feta cheese
- fresh juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon grated Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season the chicken with Montreal seasoning (or any seasoned salt you like).
- Spiralize the Zucchini and Yellow Squash and cut into smaller pieces.
- Toss the tomatoes with 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt, pepper, and oregano. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with olive oil; roast for 10 minutes. Add sliced garlic and roast for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a large work bowl and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 200°F.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil, zucchini and squash with 1/8 teaspoon salt and sauté until tender, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add to the bowl with tomatoes and place in the warm oven.
- Spray the skillet with olive oil spray and cook the chicken on medium-high heat for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Set aside on a platter.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven toss with Kalamata olives, juice of lemon and lemon zest.
- Serve the vegetables over the chicken and top with Feta cheese.