The Huron Perth Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) Primary Care Nurse Practitioners provide primary care services to patients with mental health/addiction concerns, including the frail elderly population. These services are delivered in person or via OTN.
(Primary care is the element within primary health care that focusses on health care services, including health promotion, illness and injury prevention, and the diagnosis and treatment of illness and injury.)
About Nurse Practitioners (NP)
- A NP is a registered nurse who has obtained advanced education, usually at a masters level
- NPs provide primary health care to patients of all ages, with a focus on disease prevention, health promotion and curing illness
- NPs have the ability to:
- Diagnose and treat illness and injuries
- Perform physical examinations
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests
- Write prescriptions
- Provide counselling and education
- Provide supportive care during illness
- Provide treatments and procedures
- Make referrals to family doctors, specialists and other health professionals
- Individuals must be enrolled in one of the Huron Perth Addictions and Mental Health Partner Agency programs.
- Individuals must be without a primary care provider.
- Individuals must be 16 years of age or older. (Those under the age of 16 may be considered in special circumstances at the NPs discretion).
Huron Perth OTN Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Referral Form
- Patients enrolled with Huron Perth Addictions and Mental Health Alliance Partner Agencies may be referred to the program.
- In order to avoid duplication of services, please do not make referrals for second opinions or to replace current primary care providers.
- If the patient currently has a primary car provider the referral source will be responsible for notifying the provider and receiving permission for collaboration of care.
Phone: 519-527-8421, ext. 4818 or 1-866-527-8421, ext. 4818
- Hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- After hours mental health assistance provided by the Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team at 1-888-829-7484.
Christina Sebben, Manager Inpatient Mental Health & Fund I Programs, 519-272-8210, ext. 2283
If you or someone you know is in serious mental health crisis contact: Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team at: 1-888-829-7484