June 25, 2019
The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance (HPHA) recognized a number of staff and physicians at their Annual General Meeting held on June 20, 2019. This recognition came in the form of the inaugural Awards of Excellence which celebrate extraordinary service and performance within the organization consistent with HPHA's Values, Mission and Vision.
“The award ceremony was a wonderful reminder for us all as to the incredible compassion that exists across the HPHA,” says Andrew Williams, President & CEO. “The stories shared on behalf of the award recipients made us all, yet again, remarkably proud of the extraordinary team that works tirelessly every day to positively influence the lives of so many.”
Awards were handed out to team members across a variety of disciplines. All of the award winners were nominated by their peers for demonstrating the values of compassion, accountability and integrity and providing an exceptional experience to patients and families.
The selection committee faced the difficult task of choosing nine winners from the 53 nominations received.
“We would like to congratulate all the nominees and recipients of the HPHA Awards of Excellence, whose daily efforts truly enhance the patient experience,” says Paul Vandenberg, Director Human Resources.
Congratulations are extended to the following winners:
- Nicole Bernier, Patient Registration - Engaging with Passion Award (Clinton Public Hospital)
- Jackie Fluttert, RN, Inpatient Unit - Engaging with Passion Award (St. Marys Memorial Hospital)
- Stacey Hummel, RPN, Inpatient Unit - Engaging with Passion Award (Seaforth Community Hospital)
- Sherri Haase, RN, Team Leader, Maternal Child Unit - Engaging with Passion Award (Stratford General Hospital)
- Mental Health Unit, Stratford General Hospital – Collaborating for Exceptional Care Award
- David Damman, Network/Operations Specialist, IT, Stratford General Hospital – Optimism Award of Excellence
- Selina Fleming, Melissa Rathwell, Tasha Vandervliet, Educators – Innovation Award of Excellence
- Ryan Itterman, Director Regional Pharmacy Services, AMGH/HPHA – Leadership Award of Excellence
- Dr. Philip Schieldrop, Chief of Emergency Medicine, Stratford General Hospital – Physician Leadership Award of Excellence
Awards of Excellence winners pose for a group photo with John Wolfe, Former HPHA Board Chair and Andrew Williams, HPHA President & CEO.