What's For Dinner? Lentil Pumpkin Salad with Arugula & Feta!
Roasted pumpkin seasoned with cumin, paprika and chili flakes with lentils. Arugula adds some more earthy freshness, and little feta cheese crumbs add some creaminess. So many layers of textures and flavors in one single bowl. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 3 cups pumpkin, peeled and de-seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Soak lentils in cold water for a few hours. Drain.
- Cook lentils in boiling salted water until tender, but still with a bite, around 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss pumpkin cubes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, spices and salt. Place pumpkin on a baking tray in a single layer and roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Turn over halfway. Set aside.
- Mix two tablespoons of olive oil with lemon juice.
- Transfer lentils to a serving bowl. Stir in the lemon dressing. Add pumpkin cubes and arugula leaves. Sprinkle with feta cheese.