Nutrition and Food Services provides wholesome meals to patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and visitors.
- Purchasing, receiving, storage and preparation of food
- Catering / Hospitality
- Patient meal presentation
We are proud to employ competent, professional staff, allowing us to provide exceptional service.
“We value integrity, a caring attitude and commitment to quality”
Patient Meal Service
Once a patient's physician has ordered the type of diet needed, Nutrition & Food Service staff prepare patient trays from a hot/cold food cart taken to each patient care unit. This cart is stocked with daily menu choices and a variety of alternatives such as fresh fruit, yogurt and sandwiches.
HPHA proudly supports sustainability which includes serving the best quality Canadian sourced food, delivered to us from many local companies.
Medications and illness often affect taste buds, so a patient's appetite or taste may be altered. We encourage patients ask their nurse to contact Nutrition & Food Services if this happens, so that we may assist in finding solutions.
A dietitian is available upon request to discuss diet, as well as to consult on all aspects of clinical nutrition including assessment, recommendations for nutritional management and implementation of therapeutic diets within the hospital.
Patient Meals Schedule
- Breakfast: 7:45 am to 8:45 am
- Lunch: 11:45 am to 12:45 pm
- Dinner: 4:45 pm to 5:45 pm
Cafeteria / Vending
All Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance cafeterias welcome visitors and staff to enjoy a variety of economical, healthy food choices. Vending is available 24/7.
Cafeterias - Locations
- Clinton Site: Basement
- St. Marys Site: Main Level, North Wing
- Seaforth Site: Silver Creek Cafe. Lower Level
- Stratford Site: West Side Café: West Building, Basement Level
Cafeterias - Hours of Operation
- Clinton Site: Monday – Friday, 11:45 am to 1:00 pm.
- St. Marys Site: Monday – Friday, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Seaforth Site: Silver Creek Cafe: Monday to Friday, 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- Stratford Site: West Side Café: Monday - Friday, 8:15 am to 2:00 pm.
24 Hour Food & Beverage Vending
Available at all sites in the cafeterias.
Stratford Site: Emergency Department and West Side Café – snack food, sandwiches, soups, cold beverages and coffee. Second floor lobby – snack food and cold beverages.
Please note coffee is available 24 hours a day at all sites.