The Excellent Care for All Act (ECFAA) ensures Ontarians receive health care of the highest quality possible. ECFAA requires Ontario hospitals to have a Patient Declaration of Values developed with public consultation that will ensure hospitals put patients first and support person-centred care. HPHA's Declaration clearly states what our patients can expect when receiving health care services.
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance's Patient Declaration of Values
I have a right to the best care the organization can deliver.
As a patient or client, I value that…
- I have access to the care I need when I need it.
- I am provided with safe, high quality, timely, evidence-based care and services by qualified, competent, highly skilled health professionals that focus on my whole being – mind, body and spirit.
- My family, caregivers and I are treated with respect, fairness and compassion.
- I can actively be a part of my health care, including asking questions, accessing my personal health record, making decisions and understanding the role I play in my own care.
- I am given reliable, current information about my health care condition, including proposed courses of care as well as options so that I can make informed decisions.
- I will be referred to other institutions and/or health professionals for the service and/or provider expertise I need.
- My confidentiality, privacy and decision making are respected.
- There is a way for me to express my opinions about my health care experience in order to identify both areas of strength and opportunities for improvement, and know that the organization will review my opinions in a timely manner, and utilize the information as part of their quality improvement process.
Under ECFAA, hospitals are also required to develop a yearly Quality Improvement Plan (QIP). This corporate plan details our organization's commitment to be accountable to our community members.
HPHA's QIP focuses on providing high quality care with a goal of promoting person centred care and an overall positive patient experience.