Thank you for your interest in joining the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance (HPHA) as a Patient Partner.
The HPHA is committed to providing the best possible patient and family experience. We do this by partnering with our Patients and their Families.
What is a Patient Partner?
A Patient Partner is a patient, a patient’s family member or caregiver who has experienced care within the past two years at any of the four sites of the HPHA. A Patient Partner is interested in sharing their unique thoughts and perspectives based on their experience, to ensure that the voices of the patients and families are heard, considered and included.
What is the Patient Partner Role?
Patient Partners share their valuable insights and first-hand knowledge of how services impact patients and their families. They serve in a volunteer capacity and work together with staff, leaders and physicians to acknowledge both exemplary care and areas for improvement. They also provide input and influence on the policies, programs and practices that impact the quality of care and services that individuals and their families receive at HPHA.
Patient Partners may become involved in:
- Story Sharing – sharing their hospital and care experiences with staff, physicians, leaders and other patients.
- Committee Membership – by having direct input and influence in committee meetings with staff, physicians, leaders and other Patient Partners, working together to identify and resolve issues that result in improvements to the quality of care and patient experience. In addition to patient care issues, Patient Partners provide input into organizational processes, facility design, education, research and patient safety.
- New Hire Orientation Participation
- Committee Participation: Quality, Unit Action Councils, Medical Advisory, Patient Partnership Council
- Stroke to Stoke Peer Visit Program
- Project Involvement
- Designing Patient Education
- Participate on interview panels with leaders
There are many ways to participate. We match Patient Partners based on their interest, experience and availability.
All Patient Partners are provided with a free parking pass for the Stratford General Hospital. Parking is free at Clinton Public Hospital, St. Marys Memorial Hospital and Seaforth Community Hospital.
Meet a few of our current Patient Partners
At HPHA we recognize the importance of partnering with our patients and families to meet the needs and priorities of the communities we serve. If you are interested in applying or speaking to someone for more information about this great opportunity to help make a difference you may do so by:
Accessing the on line application by following the links below
Applications can be dropped off at your nearest HPHA hospital site at the Switchboard Reception area for internal mailing to:
Attention: Patient Experience Office
Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance
46 General Hospital Drive
Stratford, ON N5A 2Y5
If you would like more information or have any questions about Patient Partners or this application please contact the Corporate Lead Patient Experience & Privacy at 519-272-8210 Ext. 2737 or by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8:00 am - 4:00 pm