The Clozapine Group provided follow-up monitoring for patients who have been prescribed clozapine.
Facilitators: Psychiatric Day and Evening Program Staff
Objectives of the Group
- To provide the opportunity for patients taking clozapine to express any concerns that may occur due to clozapine therapy.
- To provide the opportunity for staff to assess the mental and physical status of patients taking clozapine.
- If patients are unable to attend the group, arrangements can made for follow-up every one, two or four weeks.
Criteria for Admission
- Patient registered with Novartis and has a CSAN number
- Patient prescribed clozapine by psychiatrist or family physician
- Patient is an outpatient
- Patient is able to manage in the community with support
Frequency of Documentation
- Every visit on clozapine checklist
Location of Group
- Stratford General Hospital - Special Services Building - Room 108
Group Schedule / Format
- Once weekly, every Wednesday.
- Lab draws blood samples, clozapine is dispensed by Stratford General Hospital Pharmacy and dispensed to patients.
- Group time to discuss issues or concerns, allows for social time for group members
- From Inpatient Mental Health Unit after being started on clozapine
- Psychiatrist or family physician referral
- Through central intake assessment