Pathways to Recovery is a psychosocial rehabilitation group for seniors. The group uses a "strength based" approach/philosophy, where clients are encouraged to examine closely their own attitudes, beliefs and thoughts around mental illness & recovery. The material used in this group will draw heavily from concepts based on the "Stages of Change" model, as well as basic cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) principles. It will challenge individuals to set "goals" for themselves and create their own personal recovery plans.
Criteria for Participation
The client has minimal/no social supports.
- The client has minimal/no positive activities in their life.
- Clients must be able to participate in verbal and written exercises.
- The client is isolated with little knowledge of community resources available to help them in their recovery process.
- The client will be stable enough to set goals and with support, work towards achieving them.
- The client must demonstrate adequate self care skills.
- The client is expected to transport themselves to and from program.
- This group is ideal for individuals seeking a deeper sense of purpose and meaning for their lives.
- For a new referral please call 519-272-8210 ext. 2570 or toll-free 1-888-275-1102 ext. 2570 to speakwith our central intake clinician who will ensure you are set up with the right service and/or program.
- Clients already active with Outpatient Mental Health Services please ask your clinician about groups available.
16 week program, once weekly
Updated: July 2018