Interhospital Laboratory Partnership
The InterHospital Laboratory Partnership (IHLP) is a long-standing Regional Laboratory Program whose mission is to collaborate to provide high quality, cost-effective and harmonious Laboratory services to its member hospital laboratories.
Committed to excellence and innovation, the IHLP is comprised of 16 hospitals, serving close to 300,000 people in the Southwest Ontario counties of Huron, Perth, Grey, Bruce and Wellington.
Located and operating in some of Ontario and Canada’s most picturesque, safe and dynamic communities, the IHLP provides the following services:
- Regional Laboratory Referral System: The host hospital provides referral services including all pathology and microbiology consolidated at the Stratford General Hospital site.
- Standardization, Group Purchasing: Group purchasing program resulting in considerable economies for participating hospitals savings through standardization in instrumentation.
- Managerial and Professional Input: Common Laboratory Director, Regional
Coordinator, Administrative Assistant and QA
Manager for all labs in IHLP.
- Continuing Education: Technical and professional development
encouraged, minimum of 8 educational
sessions provided per year
- Courier: Effective, dedicated laboratory courier system
for movement of specimens and supplies.
The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance - Stratford General Hospital site, the hub laboratory for the IHLP has a vacancy for a Full Time Director of Laboratories. The successful candidate will be a Royal College certified Laboratory Physician (General Pathologist preferred or Anatomical Pathologist with clinical pathology training), and hold or be eligible for licensure in Ontario through the CPSO and would join a group of eight community pathologists.
The major component of the position entails administrative oversight to all partner hospitals. The Lab Director is well supported in a variety of clinical specialties.
There is an administrative stipend associated with the Director position. Remuneration is in accordance with the uniform minimum level of compensation in the Province of Ontario. The successful candidate can select between a salaried or independent contractor arrangement.
Interested physicians should submit a Cover Letter and CV by September 15, 2023 to:
Laure Roberts, Corporate Lead Medical Staff / firstname.lastname@example.org / 519-272-8210 ext. 2426
Dr. Jordan Radigan, Laboratory Director InterHospital Laboratory Partnership (IHLP) / 519-272-8210