COVID-19 Assessment Centre Moving to the Rotary Complex
October 26, 2020
The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance’s (HPHA) COVID-19 Assessment Centre at the Stratford General Hospital is relocating to the Stratford Rotary Complex – Hall D at 353 McCarthy Road effective November 2, 2020.
"We are pleased to be relocating our Assessment Centre to the Rotary Complex ahead of this year's colder weather,” says Andrew Williams, President & CEO. “Thanks to great efforts of both the HPHA and City of Stratford Teams, the move will continue to allow us to provide the high quality, safe and timely support people have become used to as our Assessment Centre has evolved."
The Assessment Centre will maintain the same operating hours, from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.
If you are a resident of Huron or Perth and are worried you have COVID-19 or have been exposed to it, you are encouraged to continue to use the Virtual Assessment Model that has been created which involves completing the province’s online assessment
If indicated, call your family doctor to be assessed and sent for testing. Those without a family doctor can call Huron Perth Public Health at 1-888-221-2133 ext. 3267. If you are a candidate for testing, you will be referred to an Assessment Centre.
You can also get tested at Assessment Centres if you are not showing symptoms and:
- Your public health unit or the COVID Alert app notifies you that you have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus.
- You live or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified by your local public health unit.
- You belong to a specific group outlined in guidance from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, such as workers or visitors of long term-care homes, farm workers, etc. Please refer to the Ontario Government’s website for the latest groups being targeted.
- You need a test to confirm you do not have COVID-19 before travelling internationally. Please note this is an interim measure.
If you are referred to HPHA’s Assessment Centre, we highly recommend you use our new online booking form
. With this form, you have the option to choose your appointment date and time. The form asks you to provide personal information and includes screening questions.
Appointments may also be requested by phone at 519-272-8210 ext. 2747.
Please remember that appointments are required. We cannot accommodate walk-ins.
If your plans change, please reschedule or cancel your appointment so that other people can get tested.
If you are very ill and in need of immediate care, you should go to your nearest Emergency Department or call 9-1-1.Things to know when attending a booked appointment at the HPHA COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- Enter the Stratford Rotary Complex at the Community Hall Entrance and follow the signs to Hall D where the Assessment Centre will be located.
- Please follow all precautions including wearing a mask, physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene. Please note, once you enter the Assessment Centre, you will be asked to remove your personal mask and will be provided with and must wear a disposable medical grade mask.
- The time of your appointment is the time you should arrive at the Assessment Centre. Your test should be completed within approximately 15 minutes of your scheduled arrival time.
The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre is moving to the Stratford Rotary Complex – Hall D effective November 2, 2020.