Getting Around Stratford General Hospital
46 General Hospital Dr., Stratford, ON N5A 2Y6 519-272-8210
HPHA is a Smoke-Free Alliance. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of all Hospital Sites, including grounds, parking lots and personal vehicles. All HPHA property within the City of Stratford is subject to the City of Stratford By-law #174-2003. By-law, Stratford and OPP officers all have the authority to enforce these legislative requirements including issuing fines.
Paid parking is available in Lot A on Cambria St with additional parking in Lot E on West Gore St. Lots K & L on John St also provide parking opportunities. Short-term parking for Emergency is available in Lot G on Cambria St. Parking Map.
- $5.00 upon exit, in coins only
- $40.00 for 10 parking tokens
- $40.00 for a monthly parking pass
An Automated Teller Machine (ATM) is available at the entrance to the West Building for your convenience.
Change can be made at the Information Desk in the main lobby of the hospital and at the Business Office in the West Building. Change machines are located in the Emergency Department (East Building) and the Cafeteria (basement of the West Building). After hours change may also be made at Switchboard located on the first floor of the West Building.
Frequent visitors have the opportunity to purchase a set of parking tokens (10) at a price of $40.00 or to rent a frequent visitor parking card for $40.00 per month from the Business Office. The Business Office is located on the first floor in the West Building. Hours of operations are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Parking cards MUST be returned once visits to the Stratford site are no longer occurring. If the parking card is not returned a fee of $25.00 is charged.
All funds go towards operating and capital needs of the Alliance.
In the Hospital
Patients, families and visitors to the Stratford General Hospital (SGH) should enter the facility using the Main Entrance accessed off of General Hospital Drive or the Courtyard Entrance off of West Gore St. Patients coming to Emergency should enter using the Emergency Entrance on Cambria St.
Volunteers of SGH, on hand at the Information Desk located in the Lobby of the Main Building, are generally available to assist visitors to the facility from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm, Monday to Friday, with reduced hours on the weekend. If there is no one at the desk when you arrive and you require assistance, please enter the West Building and go to Switchboard, located across from Patient Registration.
SGH's "wayfinding" system is intuitive, incorporating colours, names and numbers. Learn how to read the signs so you can easily get to an appointment, visit or pick up a loved one.
Anatomy of the Room Number - E1-500
- "E" = Building - Indicates the building the room is in. E = East. There are three buildings at SGH. Each building has a colour designation, East = Yellow,West = Blue and Main = Green. The colour designation is shown on directional signs within the hospital to help users situate themselves and navigate their way to specific areas in the hospital. Additionally, in any public corridor where you cross into another building you will see beacon signs which will identify the building you are entering.
- "1" = Floor - Indicates the floor that the room is on.
- "500" = Room Designation - Odd and even numbers are placed on opposing sides of the corridors, similar to a street. Room numbering starts at major access points in the building (Elevators, Lobbies, Main Entrances). Every room has a clearly displayed room number beside the door. In addition, all room number signs within the hospital feature tactile Braille for the visually impaired.
Click here for printable Site Map & Directory!
Patient & Family Handbook for Stratford General Hospital
View our Patient & Family Handbook
We need your help! Would you be willing to complete a quick survey about your visit to our website today? If so please click here!