We are always happy to hear from our patients, families, caregivers and community members.
Whether you have positive or negative feedback, a suggestion or want to express appreciation, your input is important! Your feedback helps us to better understand your care experience to ensure our services meet the needs of patients and the communities we serve. Patient, Family & Caregiver feedback is also a valuable part of our continuous quality improvement program that helps us improve the way we deliver care.
One way you can provide feedback is by completing the HPHA Patient Experience Survey
All responses collected will be kept private and confidential and are only used for internal quality improvement purposes.
HPHA is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Upon individual request, a patient, family member and/or caregiver that requires accommodation to provide feedback is advised to contact the Corporate Patient Experience Office for assistance 519-272-8210 Ext. 2423
If I have questions or a concern about patient care? Who do I contact?
As a first step, we encourage you to speak with your care provider or ask to speak with the Team Leader or Unit Manager of the unit where you or your loved one is receiving care.
If you feel your question or concern requires further attention, please contact the Corporate Patient Experience Office by phone: 519-272-8210 Ext. 2423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A visit to the hospital is often a very emotional time in people’s lives. Whether you are a parent bringing a child to the Emergency Department, or a family member dealing with end of life care for a loved one, it can be a difficult and personal journey. There are many hospital experiences to share and we want to hear from you.
Why Are Stories Important?
Story telling is a powerful way to convey patient, family and caregiver’s lived-experiences. Stories add the impact of first hand lived-experiences to help us improve services, share positive outcomes and to educate, motivate and inspire our staff and providers.
Listening to and gathering patient, family and caregiver stories can help to:
- Visualize diversity and perceptions of experiences
- Put a human element to data and provide experiences that the data cannot tell us
- Understand the complex choices that patients, families and caregivers must make along their health care journey
- Build trust and relationships between patients, families, caregivers and health care professionals
- Promote quality & safety improvements
How Do I Share My Story?
If you are interested in sharing your story you can complete our Patient Experience Survey or contact the Corporate Patient Experience Office:
- Tel: 519-272-8210 Ext 2423
- Email: email@example.com
Each Patient, Family or Caregiver experience is important. If you have a concern or complaint we want to hear from you.
HPHA is committed to reviewing and investigating all complaints or concerns with the intent to improve healthcare quality and safety for our patients, families, caregivers and community members.
The patient relations process supports program-specific responsiveness to comments and concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
Patient Experience/Relations Office
Tel: 519-272-8210 Ext. 2423
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday - Friday
A confidential voicemail is available that allows you to leave your name and contact number and the Corporate Lead, Patient Experience/Engagement & Privacy will return your call by next business day.
- Once we receive your concern, we will contact you to ensure that we clearly understand all of your concerns within 1-3 business days
- Your concern will be forwarded to the appropriate unit Manager where you or your loved is receiving or received care for review
- You can expect to be contacted by the Manager within 5 business days regarding the status of your concern.
- The Corporate Lead of Patient Experience/Engagement & Privacy will support this process through to resolution and can be reached at 519-272-8210 Ext. 2423 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Patient Experience Survey
Please also feel free to complete our Patient Experience Survey to let us know about your experience
HPHA identified Person Centred Care (PCC) as a priority in 2009 with a goal to develop an approach that ensures the principles of PCC are embedded into everything we do.
During this time the organization was adopting Lean methodology with a goal to sustain continuous improvement at all levels. Embedding “process optimization” (PO) into the culture became a second priority.
It became evident that a framework was needed to blend these two concepts and create a culture where the HPHA lived the principles of PCC and PO every day.
View our Framework
Please click on the links below to read the policies related to Patient, Family, Caregiver & Staff Experience.