Pre-planning your hospital stay will relieve some of the anxiety you may feel and make your stay more comfortable.
If you, or a loved one need to stay in the hospital overnight, please consider the following lists.
What to Pack for your Hospital Stay
Personal Aids (Please put your name on all personal aids)
- Cane, walker and/or wheelchair
- Hearing aids, dentures or eyeglasses
- Sleeping aids such as earplugs or eye masks
- Care and/or dressing products such as stoma products, compression stockings, etc.
- Pajamas and robe worn above the ankle so you do not trip or fall!
- Non-slip and full-back slippers or walking shoes
Personal Care Items – Scent-Free please.
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, denture cup, denture cream
- Hairbrush, shampoo/conditioner, hairdryer*
- Shaving supplies*, feminine hygiene products, lotions and tissues
* You are welcome to bring your own electrical appliances, such as hairdryers or razors, but they must be inspected by Facilities Management. We will arrange for this inspection before the appliance is used.
- Prescription and over the counter medications in original containers
- Herbal Supplements and vitamins in original containers
- Health Card and/or insurance card
- Credit Card to aid in payment and/or for telephone or television rental
- Small amount of pocket change for gift or café/coffee shop purchases
Please Do Not Bring
- Jewelry or watches
- Large sums of money
Although we work hard to maintain a secure environment, we are not responsible for cash and personal belongings, including aids such as dentures, hearing aids, eyeglasses and electronic devices, which may go missing.