The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance (HPHA) is recruiting a Full time Ophthalmologist.
- The successful candidate would join as a third provider
- Operating Room time for cataract extraction with lens implant at the Clinton Public Hospital
- HOCC funding for shared On Call Coverage, with 24/7 OR staff coverage
- Funded volumes are 1,275/year
- Opportunity to share existing clinic space with established colleagues
Criteria for recruitment aligns with the New Graduate Recruitment Program including;
- FRCPC in Ophthalmology is required
- Must be a new graduate from an Ontario medical school within the last 5 years
- Must be committed to establishing a permanent comprehensive practice
- Experience in intravitreal injection therapy for retinal vascular disease and/or interest in surgical glaucoma care is considered an asset
- Position to commence as soon as possible
About the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance
The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an Alliance of four hospitals located in Southwestern Ontario including; Clinton Public, Seaforth Community, St Marys Memorial and Stratford General Hospitals.
Stratford General Hospital, a 118 bed acute and continuing care hospital is the regional referral centre for Huron & Perth County residents, offering a broad range of medical and surgical inpatient services including critical care and neonatal intensive care, supported with internists, pediatricians and surgical specialists such as urology, ENT, ophthalmology, gynecological, plastics, general and orthopedics. The Stratford General Hospital also provides mental health, maternal child, complex continuing care and rehabilitation inpatient services.
The Clinton Public Hospital and St Marys Memorial Hospital offer Acute and Complex Continuing Care inpatient services and the Seaforth Community Hospital provides Acute, Complex Continuing Care and Rehabilitation inpatient services. All four sites also offer 24/7 emergency services and all of the associated support services such as lab, imaging and therapeutic programs.
Stratford is a city of 35,000 residents, located on the Avon River. It is centrally located, 30 minutes from Kitchener/Waterloo, 45 minutes from London, 60 minutes from Bayfield and 90 minutes from Toronto. Our community is broadly recognized as having North America’s largest classical repertory theatre, presenting the works of William Shakespeare and other great writers in four venues. Stratford offers frequent concert and culinary events and an annual Dragon Boat Festival. Few places in Ontario are lovelier or more alive with culture and character than Stratford!
Interested candidates, please submit your Cover Letter & CV by October 1, 2020 to: Laurie Roberts, Corporate Lead, Medical Staff at email@example.com