Patient Partners share their valuable insights and first-hand
knowledge of how services impact patients and their families. They serve
in a volunteer capacity and work together with staff, leaders and
physicians to acknowledge both exemplary care and areas for improvement.
They also provide input and influence on the policies, programs and
practices that impact the quality of care and services that individuals
and their families receive at HPHA.
Patient Partners may become involved in:
- Story Sharing – sharing their hospital and care experiences with staff, physicians, leaders and other patients
- Committee Membership – by having direct input and influence in
committee meetings with staff, physicians, leaders and other Patient
Partners, working together to identify and resolve issues that result in
improvements to the quality of care and patient experience. In addition
to patient care issues, Patient Partners provide input into
organizational processes, facility design, education, research and
- New Hire Corporate Orientation Participation
- Committee Participation: Quality, Program Councils, Medical Advisory,
Patient Partnership Council, HPHA Board of Directors, Ethics, Infection
- Stroke to Stoke Peer Visit Program
- Project Involvement long and short term
- Designing and revising Patient Education
- Participate on interview panels with leaders
- Patient Experience Surveying
There are many ways to participate. We match Patient Partners based on their interest, experience and availability.
Examples of outcomes related to patient, family and staff engagement:
- Chemotherapy patients were waiting 90 minutes to find out blood work
results regarding whether their treatment could start or if they would
need to go home. With feedback from patients and staff the blood work
turn-around-time was reduced from 90 minutes to 20 minutes
- Autism kits were created based on a mother's feedback regarding her
experience with her son; these are now being used in all Emergency
Department and outpatient settings
- Improved discharge instructions for before and after minor surgical procedures
Interested in becoming a Patient Partner? Apply today!
At HPHA we recognize the importance of partnering with our patients
and families to meet the needs and priorities of the communities we
serve. If you are interested in applying, you may do so by completing
the form below or by sending in a print version.
Click here to apply!
Printed applications can be dropped off at your nearest HPHA hospital
site at Switchboard/Patient Registration or at the Patient Experience
Office at the Stratford General Hospital site (Room W1-217).
also mail your application form to the address:
HPHA Patient Experience Office
46 General Hospital Drive
Stratford, ON N5A 2Y6