At HPHA we are committed to recruiting and supporting quality volunteers.
Current volunteer opportunities are posted. If you are interested in any
of these positions, please submit an application which can be found
within the volunteer opportunity description.
Please note: We welcome volunteers with a background in healthcare but
volunteer roles are specific and do not offer an opportunity for you to
practice your professional skills. Your role will provide you with an
opportunity to experience a Canadian health care environment but will
not provide you with an opportunity to practice or develop clinical or
What’s Required to Volunteer at HPHA
If accepted as an HPHA volunteer, the following must be completed.
Please do not complete any of these until an interview with the
Corporate Lead Volunteer Services has taken place.
Vulnerable Sector Check
Occupational Health Review – Pre-placement Health Assessment which
includes the completion of a 2-step tuberculosis test and any
appropriate laboratory tests and/or immunizations that may be necessary
as part of my volunteer service placement.
Orientation and training
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic our Volunteer and Auxiliary
Program is temporarily suspended to minimize the risk to our volunteers
and to further reduce the number of individuals coming into the
We look forward to bringing our dedicated volunteers back into our hospitals and rescheduling our community and special events!
Student Position at the Volunteers of Stratford General Hospital Coffee Shop
- Paid student position within the coffee shop at Stratford General Hospital
- Part-time hours
- Please submit resume to Cheryl Hunt (Corporate Lead Volunteer Services) at email@example.com
- Deadline for application: November 5, 2021
- Start date: Immediately
- Applicants must be willing weekends with summer availability in summer months.
- Applicants must have or be willing to obtain a certificate of safe food handling as per Huron Perth Public Health Certification.
- Cheerful, helpful, and willing to work within a hospital atmosphere.
- High school student must be 14 years of age
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
about Volunteer and Auxiliary operated Gift Shops/Boutiques!