A family doctor or nurse practitioner is your primary health care provider – meaning they are the person you make an appointment with when you have a new, non-emergency health concern.
There are two options to find a family doctor or nurse practitioner who is accepting new patients:
- Register with Health Care Connect service and have a nurse find a doctor or nurse practitioner for you.
- Use The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario’s Find a Doctor search.
- choose “Advanced Search” to find a doctor near you (by city/town or postal code)
- click on “Additional Search Options” to narrow your search (to family doctors and/or language spoken)
- contact the doctor to check if they are accepting new patients
If you wish, you can visit the Ontario Health website for more information.
As a reminder, patients requiring immediate care should go to their closest Emergency Department.