Our New Patient Experience Measurement Platform: Qualtrics XM!
August 03, 2023
Our Corporate Patient Experience Office has been working to implement strategies to increase patient and family feedback and will be implementing the Qualtrics XM Patient Experience Measurement Platform on August 14, 2023. This platform is recommended and supported by the Ontario Hospital Association and is being implemented by approximately 75 hospitals across Ontario.
Qualtrics XM will enable automation of distribution of patient experience surveys via email, SMS text or QR Code to our patients and families, therefore reaching more patients through digital surveying means and providing more opportunities to complete surveys at point-of-care. Data can be accessed in real-time to help us identify key areas for improvement or recognition and to better engage our frontline healthcare providers, leaders, physicians, volunteers and stakeholders through meaningful patient experience reporting.
This change in platform will see increased feedback from our patients, caregivers and families that will improve:
Why Measure the Patient Experience?
- survey response rates
- the ways in which we capture, hear and listen to patient and family voices across our many different care settings
- the ability to track the experiences of our diverse patient populations we serve, improving our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism efforts
- tracking and trending for both positive and negative experiences in all care settings
- meaningful Patient Experience reporting – each unit/patient care area will have their own Patient Experience dashboard allowing the team to see and hear what their patients and families are experiencing and areas for improvement or celebration
- staff/physician recognition and engagement
By giving people a voice and consistently acting on feedback, we build trust and people feel heard, feel safe and are willing to collaborate for better outcomes. Patient experiences are a rich source of information about the performance of our organization as seen and experienced through the eyes of our patients, caregivers and families. This provides us with insights that lead to improving the quality of patient care now and into the future.
An example of a Patient Experience Dashboard.
If you have any questions please contact Michelle Jones, Corporate Lead, Patient Experience/Privacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-272-8210 ext. 2423