Seaforth Community Hospital Emergency Department Closing at 5 p.m. Thursday, May 25
May 25, 2023
Due to sudden health human resource shortages the Emergency Department at the Seaforth Community Hospital site of the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance (HPHA) will be experiencing a temporary reduction in service as follows:
- Thursday, May 25, 2023 – The Emergency Department will close at 5 p.m.
- Friday, May 26, 2023 – The Emergency Department will open at 7 a.m. at which point regular hours of operation (24 hours daily) will resume.
Anyone requiring immediate medical attention should call 9-1-1. Paramedics will remain available to the community and will re-route to the nearest available Emergency Department to ensure local residents continue to have access to the emergency services they need.
For non-urgent health care, call Health Connect Ontario at 811, which is available 24/7 for non-emergency health related questions. If you have a family doctor, you can also inquire about any same-day appointments or after-hours clinics.
The closest 24-hour Emergency Departments to the Seaforth Community Hospital are:
- *Exeter – South Huron Hospital
- *Goderich – Alexandra Marine & General Hospital
- Stratford – HPHA– Stratford General Hospital
*It is advised to check with these Emergency Departments before attending to ensure they are operating with regular hours.
The HPHA - Clinton Public Hospital Emergency Department is open daily from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.