Appointments Required for COVID-19 Testing
September 23, 2021
The team at the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance’s (HPHA) COVID-19 Assessment Centre, located at the Stratford Rotary Complex, would like to remind everyone that appointments are required for COVID-19 testing and that walk-ins cannot be accommodated.
“We are seeing an increase in the number of individuals, especially school-aged children, that require testing,” says Julie Brown, Supervisor COVID-19 Assessment Centre. “Please ensure you are making a booking for each member of your family that requires a test using our online booking form or by giving us a call.”
The team would also like to remind the public that our Assessment Centre is only for COVID-19 tests, not vaccinations. If you require a COVID-19 vaccination, please visit Huron Perth Public Health’s website for a list of upcoming vaccination clinics. In addition, the team at the Assessment Centre cannot print vaccine passports.
If you are worried you have COVID-19 or have been exposed to it, you can self-refer for a test.
You can also get tested at Assessment Centres if you are not showing symptoms and:
- Your public health unit or the COVID Alert app notifies you that you have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus.
- You live or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified by your local public health unit.
- You belong to a specific group outlined in guidance from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, such as workers or visitors of long-term care homes, farm workers, etc. Please refer to the Ontario Government’s website for the latest groups identified.
“It is also important to note that we cannot test for travel,” adds Brown. “In order to receive a COVID-19 test for outbound international travel and to receive a valid travel certificate, you must pay for a private COVID-19 test.” Locations for travel tests are found on the Huron Perth Public Health website
Booking your COVID-19 Test
Here are some helpful tips:
- Use the online booking tool to book your appointment. It’s quick, easy to use, and means you won’t have to wait on hold to speak to someone.
- If you don’t have access to a smartphone or computer, appointments may also be requested by phone at 519-272-8210 ext. 2747.
- Testing is available Monday through Friday from 9:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Please don’t duplicate your booking efforts. There is no need to call if you’ve already completed an online booking and vice versa. Duplication can slow down assessment centre staff in responding to calls and booking appointments.
- Please remember that appointments are required. We cannot accommodate walk-ins.
- If your plans change, please reschedule or cancel your appointment so that other people can get tested.
- If you are very ill and in need of immediate care, you should go to your nearest Emergency Department or call 9-1-1.
Things to know when attending a booked appointment at the HPHA COVID-19 Assessment Centre:
- Enter the Stratford Rotary Complex at the Community Hall Entrance and follow the signs to Hall D where the Assessment Centre is located.
- Please follow all precautions including wearing a mask, physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene. Please note, once you enter the Assessment Centre, you will be asked to remove your personal mask and will be provided with and must wear a disposable medical grade mask.
- The time of your appointment is the time you should arrive at the Assessment Centre. Your test should be completed within approximately 15 minutes of your scheduled arrival time.
- Please be kind.