COVID-19 Assessment Centre Expanding Hours
October 14, 2021
Beginning Monday, October 18, 2021 the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance’s (HPHA) COVID-19 Assessment Centre, located at the Stratford Rotary Complex, is expanding its hours of operation to Monday through Friday, from 9:15 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. This change is a reflection of a higher volume of individuals seeking tests.
If you are worried you have COVID-19 or have been exposed to it, you can self-refer for a test.
You can also get tested at Assessment Centres if you are not showing symptoms and:
- Your public health unit or the COVID Alert app notifies you that you have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus.
- You live or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified by your local public health unit.
- You belong to a specific group outlined in guidance from the Chief Medical Officer of Health, such as workers or visitors of long-term care homes, farm workers, etc. Please refer to the Ontario Government’s website for the latest groups identified.
Please remember tests for travel cannot be accommodated at the Assessment Centre. In order to receive a COVID-19 test for outbound international travel and to receive a valid travel certificate, you must pay for a private COVID-19 test. Locations for travel tests are found on the Huron Perth Public Health website.Booking your COVID-19 Test
Here are some helpful tips:
- Use the online booking tool to book your appointment. It’s quick, easy to use, and means you won’t have to wait on hold to speak to someone.
- If you don’t have access to a smartphone or computer, appointments may also be requested by phone at 519-272-8210 ext. 2747.
- Please don’t duplicate your booking efforts. There is no need to call if you’ve already completed an online booking and vice versa. Duplication can slow down assessment centre staff in responding to calls and booking appointments.
- Please remember that appointments are required. We cannot accommodate walk-ins.
- Each member of your family requires an appointment time. We cannot accommodate group bookings.
- If your plans change, please reschedule or cancel your appointment so that other people can get tested.
- If you are very ill and in need of immediate care, you should go to your nearest Emergency Department or call 9-1-1.
Things to know when attending a booked appointment at the HPHA COVID-19 Assessment Centre:
- Enter the Stratford Rotary Complex at the Community Hall Entrance and follow the signs to Hall D where the Assessment Centre is located.
- Please follow all precautions including wearing a mask, physical distancing and frequent hand hygiene. Please note, once you enter the Assessment Centre, you will be asked to remove your personal mask and will be provided with and must wear a disposable medical grade mask.
- The time of your appointment is the time you should arrive at the Assessment Centre. Your test should be completed within approximately 15 minutes of your scheduled arrival time.