The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance (HPHA) - Stratford General Hospital is recruiting a General Internal Medicine Specialist.
The Department of Internal Medicine is interested in expanding their group over the next few years with various and flexible options to join.
Department of Internal Medicine
- Strong GIM program where Internists function as MRP on patients in the ICU (8 bed, closed unit), as well as those on the Telemetry & Integrated Stroke Units.
- 9 General Internists who share on call coverage, including overnight ICU and Acute Stroke Assessment (support from Tele-Stroke is available).
- Internists provide a consultant role for less acute patients, with opportunity to participate in the Hospitalist program.
- The group also provides a robust outpatient GIM program which serves Stratford and surrounding areas with the opportunity for shared office space and administrative support.
- Opportunity to cover Stress Tests, ECG/PFT/Holters/Echo, if interested.
- Department is well supported with administrative staff who make clinical flow more effective.
- Leadership and quality improvement programming are available, for those interested.
- Opportunity to participate in teaching medical students/residents
- 50-75 trainees per year.
- Consistently ranked as an education destination of choice (Western/McMaster).
- Opportunity to participate in clinical research.
- Opportunity to participate in education design and governance through Western University.
About the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance
The Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance is an Alliance of four hospitals located in Southwestern Ontario including; Clinton Public, Seaforth Community, St Marys Memorial and Stratford General Hospitals.
Stratford General Hospital, a 122 bed acute and continuing care hospital is the regional referral centre for Huron & Perth County residents, offering a broad range of medical and surgical inpatient services including critical care and neonatal intensive care, supported with internists, pediatricians and surgical specialists such as urology, ENT, ophthalmology, gynecological, plastics, general and orthopedics. The Stratford General Hospital site also provides mental health, maternal child, complex continuing care and rehabilitation inpatient services.
Huron Perth has a catchment area of over 150,000 residents. Stratford is the largest city in the region with a population of 35,000 residents, located on the Avon River. We are centrally located, 30 minutes from Kitchener/Waterloo, 45 minutes from London, 60 minutes from the beautiful beaches of Bayfield and 90 minutes from Toronto. Our community is broadly recognized as having North America’s largest classical repertory theatre, presenting the works of William Shakespeare and other great writers in four venues. Stratford offers frequent concert and culinary events and an annual Dragon Boat Festival. Few places in Ontario are lovelier or more alive with culture and character than Stratford!
For more information please contact:
Laurie Roberts, Corporate Lead Medical Staff
Office: 519-272-8210 ext. 2426