Social workers are professionals dedicated to addressing the psychosocial needs of patients and families as part of the health-care team. Social Work uses the social determinants of health (SDOH) as the framework for their practice.
Social Workers provide a full range of services to patients, families and caregivers connected with both inpatient and outpatient programs at the Huron Perth Healthcare Alliance (HPHA).
Social Workers help our patients, families and caregivers cope with their social, emotional and practical concerns.
Services provided include:
- Assistance with coping with diagnosis, illness or hospitalization
- Caregiver support
- Grief and loss counselling
- Crisis intervention
- Facilitation of family meetings
- Links to programs and services to address financial difficulties
- Community resource information referral
- Support groups
- Discharge planning
Speak to your Doctor or nurse if you feel that you need to see a Social Worker.
- Alzheimer Society - provides programs and support services, raises funds in your community and provides public awareness and knowledge of dementia.
- Canadian Mental Health Association - provides advocacy, programs and resources that help to prevent mental health problems and illnesses, support recovery and resilience, and enable all Canadians to flourish and thrive.
- Caregiver Resources - Huron & Perth - a website is designed to help caregivers and healthcare providers across Huron and Perth counties find local services, programs and resources.
- Choices For Change - provides quality services, resources and support for the treatment and prevention of substance and behavioural addictions so individuals and their families can learn to manage their unique concerns and lead fulfilling healthy lives.
- EasyRide - a door-to-door transportation service shared by Community Support Agencies across Huron & Perth Counties, offering ride services for registered clients who are Seniors, as well as adult clients who meet eligibility criteria. Coordinated by One Care Home & Community Support Services.
- Family Services Perth-Huron - supporting, strengthening and enriching the lives of individuals, couples and families through individualized counselling, support services, advocacy and education to meet the needs of the community.
- Huron Perth Community Legal Clinic - Free legal services for low income residents of Huron and Perth Counties.
- Huron Perth Helpline & Crisis Response Team - a 24 hour / 7 Days a week, crisis phone service with crisis assessments, brief crisis therapy and education regarding mental health and addiction services.