The Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) provides
intensive treatment, rehabilitation and support services for individuals with
serious mental illness and complex needs who find it difficult to engage in
other mental health services. The goal is to support these individuals in their
recovery and their desire to live in the community.
ACTT is multidisciplinary and includes
social workers, nurses, a vocational specialist, psychiatrist, peer support
worker, and recreational therapist. They provide psychiatric treatment,
administer and monitor medications, help to access community services, and
assist individuals in their activities of daily living. Support is provided as
frequently as required and they ensure clients are supported 7 days a week.
- Long-term, goal specific community treatment
- Assistance with medication
- Relapse prevention
- Vocational support
- Recreation support
- Substance abuse support
- Liaising with community agencies
- Activities of daily living support
- Family support and education
- Individuals who are 16 years of age and older
- Individuals with a primary diagnosis of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or major depression
- Individuals who have had recent psychiatric hospital admissions and who have high service needs
- Resident of Huron or Perth County
Referrals & Resources
Referrals can be made by:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Assertive Community Treatment Teams
- Community Agencies
- Family members, friends or caregivers
Please call 1-866-527-8421 ext. 4800 to start the intake process.
ACCT Referral Form
519-527-8421 ext. 4815 or Toll Free 1-866-527-8421 ext. 4815
Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m.to 8:30 p.m., Daily
After-hours assistance provided by the Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team at 1-888-829-7484.
If you need someone to talk to, are struggling with your mental health or addiction, or need to be connected to mental health services please call the Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team at 1-888-829-7484.