The Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) model is based on a recovery-oriented, long-term community based intensive multi-disciplinary support. ACTT provides intensive treatment, rehabilitation and support services for individuals with serious mental illness and complex needs who find it difficult to engage in other mental health services. The goal is to support individuals in their recovery and their desire to live in the community.
ACTT is multidisciplinary and includes social workers, nurses, a vocational specialist, psychiatrists, a peer support worker, and a recreational therapist. They provide psychiatric treatment, administer and monitor medications, help to access community services, and assist individuals in their activities of daily living. Support is provided as frequently as required to ensure individuals are supported 7 days a week.
- Long-term, goal specific community treatment
- Assistance with medication
- Relapse prevention
- Vocational support
- Recreation support
- Substance abuse support
- Liaising with community agencies
- Independent Activities of Daily Living support
- Family support and education
ACTT Referral Form
- Referrals can be made by individuals, family members, friends or caregivers, physicians, healthcare professionals and community agencies.
- Individuals, family members, friends or caregivers, please call 519-272-8210 ext. 2570 or 1-888-275-1102 ext. 2570 to make a referral.
- Clients already active with Outpatient Mental Health Services, please ask your clinician about ACTT and the services available.
519-272-8210 ext. 2570 or Toll Free 1-888-275-1102 ext. 2570
If you need someone to talk to, are struggling with your mental health or addiction, or need to be connected to mental health services please call the Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team at 1-888-829-7484.