The Huron Perth Seniors Mental Health Program provides assessment and treatment for older adults experiencing responsive behaviours associated with complex and challenging mental health, addictions, dementia or other neurological conditions in the home, community or long-term care.
The Seniors Mental Health program is a regional program of Behavioural Supports Ontario.
- Access to Huron Perth Enhanced Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant
- Clinical transition support
- Goal specific community treatment
- Assistance with medication issues
- Assessment, consultation
- Non-legal advocacy and liaison
- Collaboration with community agencies
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Supports (group and one-to-one)
- Short-term case management supports in the home
- Coordination with psychiatry and geriatricians
- Facilitated by Enhanced Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant on subjects related to seniors’ mental health issues, dementia and addictions.
- In-service training provided to long-term care homes, community groups and residential care homes
Referrals can be made by:
- individuals for themselves (self-referral)
- family members, friends or caregivers
- health care providers
- community agencies
Seniors Mental Health Referral Form
Referrals can also be made by calling the phone number below.
Contact Information: 1-866-527-8421, ext. 4818
Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m.to 8:30 p.m., Daily
After-hours assistance provided by the Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team at 1-888-829-7484.
Seniors Mental Health brochure
If you need someone to talk to, are struggling with your mental health or addiction, or need to be connected to mental health services please call the Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team at 1-888-829-7484.