The Huron Perth Seniors Mental Health and Addiction Response Team provides a range of specialized mental health services and education for seniors.
Mobile Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) services are offered and include assessment, treatment and support for older adults living with chronic and persistent mental health concerns, addictions, and/or responsive behaviours associated with dementia and/or neurocognitive conditions.
- Access to Huron Perth Enhanced Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant
- Clinical transition support
- Goal specific community treatment
- Assistance with medication issues
- Assessment, consultation
- Non-legal advocacy and liaison
- Collaboration with community agencies
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Supports (group and one-to-one)
- Short-term case management supports in the home
- Assessment and case consultation with Psychiatry and/or Geriatrician
- Facilitated by Enhanced Psychogeriatric Resource Consultant on subjects related to seniors’ mental health issues, dementia and addictions.
- In-service training provided to long-term care homes, community groups and residential care homes.
The Seniors Mental Health Team does not provide capacity assessments, assessment of eligibility for long-term care or counselling services.
- 65 years of age with chronic and persistent mental health concerns, addictions, or responsive behaviours associated with dementia and/or neurological conditions
- Under 65 years of age with cognitive impairment
- Resident of Huron or Perth County
Referrals can be made by:
- family members, friends or caregivers
- healthcare professionals
- community agencies
Individuals, family members, friends or caregivers, please call 519-527-8420 ext. 4818 or 4809 or 1-866-527-8421 ext. 4818 or 4809 to make a referral
Seniors Mental Health Referral Form
Phone: 519-527-8420, ext. 4818 or 4809 or 1-866-527-8421, ext. 4818 or 4809
If you need someone to talk to, are struggling with your mental health or addiction, or need to be connected to mental health services please call the Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team at 1-888-829-7484.