- Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Individual Counselling
- Group Counselling
The Clozapine Group provided follow-up monitoring for patients who have been prescribed clozapine.
- Provide the opportunity for patients taking clozapine to express any concerns that may occur due to clozapine therapy
- Provide the opportunity for staff to assess the mental and physical status of patients taking clozapine
- If patients are unable to attend the group, arrangements can be made for follow-up every one, two or four weeks
- Registered with Novartis and has a CSAN number
- Has been prescribed clozapine by Psychiatrist or Primary Care Provider
- Able to manage in the community with support
- Resident of Perth County
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Anxiety
- Once weekly, every Wednesday
- Lab draws blood samples, clozapine is dispensed by Stratford General Hospital Pharmacy and dispensed to patients
- Group time to discuss issues or concerns, allows for social time for group members
This 10 week group assists individuals in developing behavioural techniques and cognitive concepts to adaptively cope with generalized anxiety and panic symptoms.
This group is modeled after evidenced-based treatment of CBT.
Individuals who would find this group helpful are ready to actively engage in goal-oriented group-based treatment and experience symptoms of generalized anxiety or panic; are experiencing symptoms of generalized anxiety or panic which may limit the individual's daily functioning and participation in normal or usual activities of daily living; are prepared to complete weekly CBT based homework and are committed to the regular practice of skills.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Depression
This 10 week group is a closed evidence-based group, designed to enhance individuals understanding of the connection between thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
This short-term treatment group aims to strengthen skills and strategies for increased coping and more adaptive ways of thinking, feeling and behaving.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) – SKILLS Group
Using the DBT Training Manual developed by Marsha Linehan, this program is a broad-based cognitive-behavioural treatment for individuals who struggle with both over control and under control of emotions and associated cognitive and behavioural patterns.
The purpose of this group is to educate clients on how to assess and identify thoughts, feelings and behaviours and to provide education and training in the areas of mindfulness, interpersonal skills, emotion regulation and distress tolerance.
This group is suited for individuals who have difficulty with exhibiting self-destructive or impulsive behaviours and need assistance managing negative core beliefs and emotions will benefit from this group.
This group lasts 2 hours in duration and consists of group instructions and dialogue as well homework as assigned.
Individual and Group Counselling Referrals
- Referrals can be made by individuals, physicians, health care professionals and community agencies.
- Individuals, please call 519-272-8210 ext. 2570 or 1-888-275-1102 ext. 2570 to make a referral.
- Clients already active with Outpatient Mental Health Services, please ask your clinician about the Psychiatric Day & Evening Program and the services available.
Clozapine Group Referral
- Referrals can be made by the Inpatient Mental Health Unit after being started on clozapine, Primary Care Providers (Physicians and Nurse Practitioners), and Psychiatrists.
ResourcesHPHA Outpatient Mental Health Services Self-Care Resources