The Sexual Abuse Treatment Program (SATP) is dedicated to providing a complete range of crisis support, counselling, therapy, information, and advocacy services to individuals who have been sexually assaulted. The program promotes a person-centered approach to service delivery, and respect for the person’s self-determination.
The program coordinates with other community supports whenever possible to support our clients. The program also provides education and training regarding sexual assault to community agencies.
- An initial assessment is completed once an individual comes into the Sexual Abuse Treatment Program (SATP) to identify treatment goals and issues.
- Ability and readiness to engage in treatment are mutually determined.
- Group treatment through the Solid Ground group is the initial step in the SATP program. This 10 week, weekly group provides tools on helping participants learn how to lessen the symptoms experienced after having been through a sexual assault.
- Individuals may also attend the Mindfulness and Meditation group to deepen their skills in these areas which are introduced in the Solid Ground group.
- Once the initial group counselling is completed, deeper therapy is offered through individual treatment if the client is interested.
- In general, clients access between 12 to 24 sessions depending on their needs.
- Connection with and referral to other service providers and resources are provided as necessary to address the varying needs of clients.
- To increase the community’s awareness of the systemic and gender-based nature of sexual assault.
- Training for professionals regarding sexual assault can also be provided.
- Individuals 16 years of age or older who have identified as experiencing a sexual assault
- Permanent resident of Perth County
Referrals & Resources
- Referrals can be made by individuals, physicians, health care professionals and community agencies.
- Individuals, please call 519-272-8210 ext. 2570 or 1-888-275-1102 ext. 2570 to make a referral.
- Clients already active with Outpatient Mental Health Services, please ask your clinician about the Sexual Abuse Treatment Program and the services available.
- News Story - Program Profile: Sexual Abuse Treatment
519-272-8210 ext. 2570 or Toll- Free 1-888-275-1102 ext. 2570
If you need someone to talk to, are struggling with your mental health or addiction, or need to be connected to mental health services please call the Huron Perth Helpline and Crisis Response Team at 1-888-829-7484